No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton flamingo boiler with a honeywell st6300a programmer. The heating works fine (apart from the boiler overheating sometimes and and I have to reset it... a different problem though) and is left in the 'on' position on the programmer. The hot water used to work most of the time but now it has stopped completely. When I switch the hot water 'on' on the programmer the whole programmer seems to trip. The hot water light goes out straight away and then a few seconds later the programmer tries to start again but trips immediately.

We are using the immersion for the time being but for some reason we are not getting the full compliment of hot water out of the cylinder....

Any ideas as my wife is losing the plot?!?!

Sponsored Links
Motorised valve(s)? They're usually fitted after the pump, but before the cylinder, somewhere in the same vicinity. Could be valve issue. When you say the programmer 'trips' do you mean the power goes off and has to be reset?

Motorised valve(s)? They're usually fitted after the pump, but before the cylinder, somewhere in the same vicinity. Could be valve issue. When you say the programmer 'trips' do you mean the power goes off and has to be reset?

Yes I have two motorised valves. The smaller of the two has a loose lever. I took the head of it off and the valve is free (not stuck). The other is tricky to get to, I might have to remove the cylinder if you think that's causing the issue.

When the heating is 'on' on the programmer and I switch the hot water 'on' the light on the hot water comes on for a split second and then both the heating and hot water 'trip'. I do not have to reset it. It keeps trying to come on again as I can see the lights blink and then keeps repeating that process and nothing happens. Any help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back