Honeywell ST6300A switches itself off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a central heating system managed by a Honeywell ST6300A programmer. Each time it needs to fire up the boiler the programmer just clicks and resets itself, turning off for a few seconds before coming straight back on. This is the same for programmed times or if you use the manual override. Can anyone help? Do i need to replace the programmer or is it something more serious?

Sponsored Links
Ive not had one do that before but the sliders do get worn and stop power getting to controlls.
They are still available and the front can be swapped over with no wiring but switch off power first!

Hi, similar problem,,,the st6300a switch is suspect., I think. Moved house and it was handling hot water fine. The other day I tested the central heating.

Now it sends out hotwater all the time. The switches are set to off and the little red indicator lights on the switch are off. But the.slides do.seem a bit worn.

The hotwater pump seems on all the time. Not sure if boiler gravity fed but seems odd. The boiler is a greenstar ri condensing.

Don't think its the boiler theermostat.

Top guess is its the timer slide. Going to hunt for replacement. Might try for a better model. Is it hard to.wire backplate. I'm keen diyer but not an electrician. Advice?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back