no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,i turned off my hot water/central heating at controls and went on hols for 2 weeks,when I came back, turned back on at controls and now I have to hot water,boiler fires up ok but there dosent seem to be any signal being sent to the hcv in the bathroom.no probs with the central heating.
the boiler is a potterton netaheat,pretty old aswell.
many thanks,

Sponsored Links
Firstly I would try resetting it, then check that the divertor valve is operating when calling for hot water, it maybe jammed and needs freeing. Sized and needs replacing or the motor head may also have failed and needs replacing.

turn the heating off but leave the hot water to constant. Does the boiler fire? What set up do you have 1 x mid position valve or 2x2 port?

Nath

thanks guys,when I ask for hot water on its own,boiler dosent fire up,resistance on little lever on hot water HCV.
if I ask for both heating and hot water,boiler fires up,still resistance on the hot water HCV,but little lever on centrel heating HCV is floppy as it should be.
it seems that the control is not sending the signal to the hot water HCV,which is pretty new.
how would I go about resetting.
cheers

Sponsored Links
No need to reset the boiler as it's working. The valve sounds like a 3 port so when a hotwater demand is called by itself then the valve is not used. Voltage goes from the programmer HwON to the Common on the cylinder stat. So to check your clock simply test for voltage at the stat. If you have a voltage then check across the other 2 terminals. Can you upload the stat? It should have a description of what terminal does what. Make on temp rise break on temp rise. If not it might be a (c) common (nc) normally closed (no) normally open. If you are getting a live between c and nc it's working correctly, c and no then stat is faulty. It may just be the stat as stuck on the contact giving it a twist off then on might free it.

Nath

There I was expecting it top be a Puma and not a Netaheat!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back