No Hot Water...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831

We had a new siphon condensate trap and auto air vent fitted to our Ecotec boiler last week after holes suddenly appeared in the plastic siphon tube and copper connection tube directly beneath it.

Up until last night, all has been working perfectly. However, this morning we seem to have no hot running water. The water pressure is fine (1.3 bar), and the radiators are heating up as they should.

The hot water seems to warm up a bit and then go cold, without actually getting hot. It was all working fine last night.

Any ideas before I get the plumber back in?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Does the central heating work?

If yes the flow diaphragm may need replacing. When the heating is on and you call for domestic hot water the diaphragm should move and push a pin on a micro switch that will enable the call for the domestic hot water.

Edit, BTW, I am not a plumber- I had something similar happen to my combi boiler years ago. It cost me about £7 for a new diaphragm and took about 20 mins to fix it

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, heating still seems to be working so that may be it. Will have a look at that part then.

Cheers.

Mine was a simple case of removing a cover and replacing the diaphragm. Yours might be more involved. Hopefully a proper plumber will be along to advise you soon.

Sponsored Links
The 831 won’t have a diaphragm, it might need a diverter valve. Without the heating running (pipes need to be cold) run the hot water at a tap and feel the flow pipe (left hand large pipe under the boiler). Also press the i button(s) and report the status code.

The 831 won’t have a diaphragm, it might need a diverter valve. Without the heating running (pipes need to be cold) run the hot water at a tap and feel the flow pipe (left hand large pipe under the boiler). Also press the i button(s) and report the status code.
Would this be why when we were running the hot tap trying to get hot water through, the radiators seemed to have warmed up slightly despite the heating being off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back