No HW or Heating boiler seems dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope someone can help!! Yesterday when used the hot water the boiler started making noise like someone was hitting the pipesif i stoppped running the waterthe noise stopped i was in the mdde of a shower so i had to keep the water running and the noise eventually stopped normal service was resumed.The heating is timed to go off at for about an hour in the afternoon but after this the heating didnt come back on. the pilot is on , the room stat clicks when turned up but thats about it the only markings on the boiler i can find is its a stelrad ideal elan :?: :?:

also the boiler just seems to have a hum when switched to high or low setting but doesnt fire up

please see 10a

Sponsored Links
firstly,has your boiler been serviced in the last 12 months by a corgi engineer only asking as this type of boiler if fan flue can leak products of combustion in to your room.via defective case seals.
you need to know if seals etc are correct be fore using boiler.i have found these boilers to suffer from seal faults and corrosion to case.
sorry.

which model elan from a list of dozens.

should be a model on the plate or a gc number

Sponsored Links
i can see no id numbers anywhere in the outside or on the visable parts of the inside

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back