No HW unless CH switched on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, here goes. Boiler is an Ideal Mexico Super CF 75 controlled by a Potterton EP2000 controller (old brown one). No problems historically with these working happily together to produce either hot water, central heating or both together.

Of late, the HW side of things is refusing to work, unless the CH is switched on. This week I've had a new indirect immersion heater installed with a new thermostat strapped to the tank. Still no joy in getting any HW. Talked to Potterton and, on their advice, I've replaced the old brown EP2000 controller for brand new EP2002 (straight swap with no change to the wiring - it just slotted straight on to the old back plate).

CH still works a treat but not the HW. So the question is, where do I go from here? Do I need to bite the bullet & call someone or is there anything I could look at/replace as a DIY project.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
See if the header tank (the small one) in the loft has water in it.

Paul.

Sponsored Links
have you checked you have power from the programmer to the cyl stat, cyl stat to sw live etc ?

Power is at the thermostat strapped to the immersion tank. Raising the temp dial to from 45 to 95 degrees has no effect though on HW supply. There's also a thermostat on the boiler which seems to work OK - With the CH running, as soon as I turn it down the boiler cuts out, raise it and the boiler cuts in.

if you have power from the programmer hw to the stat but not from the stat to the sw/live what ever the stat is set at, link the two together bypassing the stat if the boiler fires on hw only you know the stats failed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back