No insert in MPDE pipe at stop tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in Gloucester and used the time we spent without water (after the flood?) to replace a stuck stop tap and some shoddy pipework nearby as the stop tap chamber in the road was blocked and it seemed like a good opportunity. Must admit I was a bit nervous I would return from work and find the house flooded if I'd done anything wrong as we weren't told when it would return.

Anyway I have recently realised that I forgot to put an insert in the 25mm MDPE pipe, should I get the waterboard to clean the chamber out so I can turn the water off and put an insert in or should I assume that as it doesn't leak now it never should?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
It might start leaking at any time!

I dont know about your chamber or their attitude. Outside London the water cos can be very helpful and I suggest you explain the problem to them and see what they will do to help.

Only warning is do NOT tell them the time they can come! Give them a full day!

Tony

:eek:

Yes you should sort it ASAP. Any kind of pressure surge could blow it off if it isnt very rigid. Known this to happen to a friend who wasnt working on the pipe but near it when it blew. The missing insert meant he wasn't liable

OK thanks Guys consider it done! Probably would have done it anyway but now I have a touch of fear to encourage me to do it sooner

Fingers crossed it doesn't flood the solid oak floor before I get the chance to fix it.

Sponsored Links
If there is enough MDPE pipe available to get a clamp on you could always squeeze the pipe closed...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back