water mains stop tap

5 Apr 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I am replacing my old external water mains pipe with 25mm mdpe and was just after a bit of advice on fitting a new stop tap. I have 15mm speedfit pipe (white) internally and wondered what stop tap you recommend to fit between the two. I guess i will need to put inserts into both pipes that are connected to the stop tap.
any advice will be gratefully received.
Sponsored Links
why would you go to the trouble of fitting 25mm mdpe only to reduce iot down to 15mm as soon as you get into the property? unless your supply pipe was leaking or lead.
the tap you need is a 25mm mdpe to 15mm copper,comes with insert, plastic will fit into the copper end, you will need a 15mm speedfit tee above that,the plastic from the stoptap in the bottom,(don't forget inserts), your plastic to the house in the top and a drain off in the side, use a speedfit drain off, they have a longer shank to make a full joint in the tee,
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local