No lights at all on Ferroli Modena 80E boiler :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone -

Am a newbie here! My Ferroli Modena 80E boiler was working great last night - CH and HW both fine - but I woke up this morning and it's gone kind of dead. No pilot light, no CH, no HW, and no warning lights on at all. Only sign of life is the clock/timer.

I had a look around here and realised the pressure was on zero - so I followed the instructions I found here:

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/how-to-restore-the-pressure-in-a-sealed-heating-systems.38904/

And successfully managed to increase the pressure to just over 1 bar. It was easy and I was so pleased with myself! Then flicked the knob to Reset the boiler, but still nothing - no lights, no pilot, no action when I turn on a hot tap.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi all -

I've now changed the fuse but still nothing. I can't understand it. Any help much appreciated, it's cold here and not the time of year that I've got masses of cash lying around to pay a plumber! Obviously if it's seriously technical I'll leave it to an expert but if anyone's got any ideas of things I could try I'd be so grateful...

Thank you!

It's a long time but I have what appears to be the same problem with the same boiler.

It was working, now no lights showing. The clock appears briefly when I cycle the power.
No water flowing from hit taps.
Check power supply and there is electricity.

Did you resolve your problem? Any diagnosis?

Attachments

• 16462338036779220644899049179437.jpg
    16462338036779220644899049179437.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 16462338284544919198648755572378.jpg
    16462338284544919198648755572378.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
It's a long time but I have what appears to be the same problem with the same boiler.

It was working, now no lights showing. The clock appears briefly when I cycle the power.
No water flowing from hit taps.
Check power supply and there is electricity.

Did you resolve your problem? Any diagnosis?

I am not a plumber.

https://www.ferroli.com/media/1506956360.pdf

scroll through to the fault finding section.

I think there is a 2 amp internal fuse on the PCB (I briefly scanned the PDF). In my limited experience, they will blow if something like the pump/etc develops a fault. Years ago my fuse blew. I went to Halfords to buy a hand full of the small glass fuses. I disconnected a number of potential possible faulty components one at a time. I would then put a new fuse in, turn on the combi and see if the internal fuse blew again. In my case, the only time the fuse didn't blow was when the grunfloss pump was removed. I replaced the pump, fitted a new fuse and the boiler worked. I didn't have access to the fault finding diagram in those days.

Best of luck.

Sponsored Links
While you were answering, thank you for that, I was checking that. See pictures on original post.

Yes, the small 3A onboard fuse has gone.

When I replaced it I am getting the right hand side power/pressure light on green. No response to on/off or reset.

There is no water from hot tap. If you leave it off, it slowly fills so there appears to be some when you open it.

There is another thread that suggests shorting out the timer to bypass the timer relay. I'm not particularly keen on that.

Is really want to see if I can find what is causing the fuse to blow to asses if it's a repair or replace job.

start your own post, it is against site rules for good reason, why hi-jacking posts is not allowed, yours is a different problem

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
start your own post, it is against site rules for good reason, why hi-jacking posts is not allowed, yours is a different problem
That's a useless reply. I'm sorry your upset about me looking for help here.
My problem has identical problems to the original post, on the same equipment, it's not different. So far it's the same problem.

I asked the original poster for help based on if they resolved their problem, it would be great if they could help.

If you think the very good rules on hijacking another post are valid in this situation and I may prevent the original poster getting advice on their issue, perhaps you could have given them advice in the NINE years they have been waiting for it. Instead of bothering people trying to do something constructive.

well good luck getting help with that attitude, you dont have the same fault

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
well good luck getting help with that attitude, you dont have the same fault
You had the opportunity to help and show you know something, with the OP or my question about the same equipment with the same faults, you chose not to.
When I can help someone I will, when I can't I don't waste their time, that's my attitude.

Your choice, expect thanks for knowing something, not for being a know it all. I have inclination to pat such egos and no patience for such people. Your choice, help or don't but jog on there is nothing for you here.

I already did get help from opps, who you will notice I thanked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back