No lights on Baxi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, our boiler hasn't been working since yesterday - there are no lights on. It's a Baxi. I've read some posts online about restarting the pilot light, but I don't know where the pilot is/how to restart it. I read a Baxi user manual but it didn't tell me what to do if all the boiler lights are out.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sponsored Links
You have to check that there's power going to the boiler, check the fuse in the fused spur beside the boiler if there is one or in the 13 amp plug from the boiler first.

um...can't see either a fuse spur or the plug going from the boiler!! I checked the main fuse box for the house and it all looks fine.

um...can't see either a fuse spur or the plug going from the boiler!! I checked the main fuse box for the house and it all looks fine.

Look for the boiler's cable coming out from underneath the boiler and follow it till you get to the end of it, it will either go into a fused spur or it will have a plugtop and plugged into a 13amp socket wall socket.

Remove the fuse in the plugtop or from the fuesed spur and replace with one that you know is okay, you should use a 3amp fuse but a 5amp one will do temporarily.

Sponsored Links
Must be the Baxi then a great boiler.......................

Give us all a clue. Model would be a good start

put a 13amp fuse in,you get a much bigger bang and find the fault quicker

um...can't see either a fuse spur or the plug going from the boiler!!
There will be, and it must have a 3A fuse.

You can find the basic steps to check here.

http://www.boiler-breakdown-repair-london.co.uk/boiler-broken.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back