Help please !! Baxi Solo 2PS, How do I relight pilot Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Solo 2PS boiler fitted, I have had no problems until now.

The pilot is not lit and there are no ignition buttons to restart it, how do I relight the pilot & also what could cause this to happen.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
the pilot is self igniting

turn the boiler thermostat to off wait 30 sec and turn it back on

then post what does / doesn't happen :idea:

Hi,

I have tried this and it doesn't seem to make any difference, the indicators that are on the boiler are :-

Overheat
Boiler On
Fan On
Pilot On
Burner On

The Fan ON indicator is lit and the boiler on indicator is flashing.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sequence should be fan running an fan on light illuminated then airpressure switch makes and ignition starts sparking and pilot on light illuminated. Then main burner lights with burner on light illuminated.

Along lines of what kev said earlier boards sometimes get a glitch in them so turn stat on boiler to off turn power to boiler off for a couple of mins then back on leave a minute turn boiler stat to usual settin an turn it on.

The flashing burner on light may mean the air pressure switch has stuck in the on position from when it was last on and stopping boiler firing. can usually be freed by gentley sucking an blowing through tube attached could also be faulty board. One of those faults you have to see face on..

There is a couple of baxi guys who come on here later they may suggest something else.

Dont trust fan proved light. This can light even though there is a fan/aair pressure switch problem :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back