Baxi Solo 350 PF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
New to this, so bear with me please (and tell me if I am inadvertently breaking any forum rules!)
Baxi Solo 350 PF. Recently had Gas Valve replaced and working fine until this morning. Pilot light has gone out and boiler has now shut down (no panel lights at all) Can I relight it manually, or is it self igniting - and if so, how do I get this to happen?
Many thanks,
Banjoking :(

Sponsored Links
It is automatic ignition.

If all lights are out you need to check your controls are working and calling for heat. You should have 240V at the boiler perm live and switched live. Only test if you feel safe to test 240V live connections.

Is your programmer/timer working and lit up? If not start with the 3 amp fuse at the switched fuse outlet for the CH.

It is automatic ignition.

If all lights are out you need to check your controls are working and calling for heat. You should have 240V at the boiler perm live and switched live. Only test if you feel safe to test 240V live connections.

Is your programmer/timer working and lit up? If not start with the 3 amp fuse at the switched fuse outlet for the CH.

Thanks for reply Dave.
I think I may have initiated a wild goose chase! The boiler was on timed control, and appeared to close down at 0930, half an hour before the planned shut off at 1000. I think now it may just have been that no heat was being called for! Anyway, seems to be working fine now. Perhaps I was just paranoid after the gas valve problem!!
One thing does perplex me however is that the boiler is repeatedly firing up and shutting down (always with the same on/off periods). This is not a new development- it has always done it, but should it do so? Expert opinion appreciated!!

Once up to the set temperature on the boiler stat, the boiler can and will fire up/shut down every 2 or 3 minutes, just to keep its self warm and the system water topped up.

This is often refered to as cycling, or dry cycling.

Sponsored Links
Once up to the set temperature on the boiler stat, the boiler can and will fire up/shut down every 2 or 3 minutes, just to keep its self warm and the system water topped up.

This is often refered to as cycling, or dry cycling.

Great! Many thanks for your advice Dave!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back