Baxi solo 2 40rs Pilot light goes out when button depressed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Great forum.

Have a baxi solo 40 rs which I have had to relight every time there is a strong wind. Now when I try to relight it it, the pilot light goes out as soon as I depress the grey button. I make sure I have it pressed long enough. I thought it was the thermocouple and replaced it but it still happens. Could it be the gas valve?

Any ideas would be great, thanks.

Sponsored Links
well unbypass it & get someone qualified in to look at it.

if your lucky it may be a simple fix with no parts.

Sponsored Links
well unbypass it & get someone qualified in to look at it.

if your lucky it may be a simple fix with no parts.

I bypassed it as one would for a gravity flow system. there is a extra spade clip on the eco interrupter lead from the thermocouple for this very reason. I have since reconected the eco interrupter lead from the gas valve so they are going through the overheat thermostat.

thanks for your help. Any other ideas of what it may be?

COULD BE overheat cut off devise activated or flame safety mag

sorry ye checked overheat stat

hi Bob,

Where is the flame safety magnet? Thanks

lt is inside the gas valve which is energised by the thermocouple and pulled up to let gas pass to pilot

Cheers mate, I thought that part was the solenoid operator? if that is the problem, FSM will the gas valve need changing?
BTW do they have much call for central heating in Cuba? :D

hi Bob,

Where is the flame safety magnet? Thanks

lt is inside the gas valve which is energised by the thermocouple and pulled up to let gas pass to pilot

Cheers mate, I thought that part was the solenoid operator? if that is the problem, FSM will the gas valve need changing?
BTW do they have much call for central heating in Cuba? :D

the solenoid is for the main gas valve inside the gas valve

Is it where the eco lead screws into the back of gas valve? does that end get energised and pulls on the magnet? Can the flame safety magnet be unscrew from gas valve and replaced or does the whole valve need replacing?

Thanks for your help Bob, your a mine of usefull information.

Is it where the eco lead screws into the back of gas valve? does that end get energised and pulls on the magnet? Can the flame safety magnet be unscrew from gas valve and replaced or does the whole valve need replacing?

Thanks for your help Bob, your a mine of usefull information.

yes and yes will need new gas valve are you sure you have not overtighten try usung a blow torch on the tip of thermocouple and see if it holds.

he is assisting you in attempting to kill yourself, your family & anyone that may live next door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back