Baxi solo 2 40rs Pilot light goes out when button depressed

he is assisting you in attempting to kill yourself, your family & anyone that may live next door.

whats your problem he seems to know more then you
all you do is critersize folk

this technique is used by bg engineers of old and is a life saver to many a gas engineer getting the gas valve to hold.

Sponsored Links
Is it where the eco lead screws into the back of gas valve? does that end get energised and pulls on the magnet? Can the flame safety magnet be unscrew from gas valve and replaced or does the whole valve need replacing?

Thanks for your help Bob, your a mine of usefull information.

yes and yes will need new gas valve are you sure you have not overtighten try usung a blow torch on the tip of thermocouple and see if it holds.

the pilot flame picture is good when lit and was sure not to over thighten. once the pilot goes out after button is depressed I hear a click in the valve abot 40 seconds after. Does this shown that the thermocouple has done it's job of shutting valve? I'm thinking it must be the flame safety magnet.

Sponsored Links
Hi Bob,

Thanks for all your helpful information. I took what you said onboard and decided to test the ECO Leads for continuity. there was a problem with the lead from over heat thermostat to back of gas valve. I replaced it and all is well again.

Thanks again for your help, your a great contributor to this great forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back