No More Nails for sliding wardrobe track

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to put a top track on a 3 metre wide sliding wardrobe. Unfortunately just found that there are no crossing joists for the top track screws (they are running parallel and the track is in the middle making them useless for this purpose).

I was wondering if I could use no more nails. Could anyone please advise if they are good at bonding metal with plaster? I would also use plasterboard screws on top of no more nails but doubt if screws would add a lot of strength without no more nails.

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
You are proposing to hang the doors from a piece of plasterboard, using mainly glue and screws into plaster.
Fit some cross noggins between the existing joists and then screw securely through the ceiling board into them.

Tony,

I am not proposing to hang the doors to piece of plasterboard..

the doors run on bottom tracks, they are only held into vertical position by top track, there is no weight on top tracks.

Would the top track not be secure with a good bond along the entire length of plaster board?

For a while maybe, usually not that hard adding a few noggins between the joists in the floor void above. What's the floor finish above the ceiling? Floor boards or chipbboard or what? Please don't say its a loft with no boards.

Sponsored Links
Hi Freddy

It is what you don't want to hear, i.e. loft with no boards (mainly)..

But should that not make nogging easier, as I can clearly see the joists, stand on them and apply the blocks where screws are coming out from the top track?

Ahh, thought you meant top hung, but still fix the noggins and have done with it.

You will have it all done and secure before you can get round to buying no more nails. You have the easiest ceiling possible to access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back