No pilot ignition on netaheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
demand > fan runs> pressure ok and gas valve opens with soft clunk> clicky clicky goes spark generator> pilot lights > main gas burners ignite

Except the spark generator is not going 'clicky clicky' and so sequence holds at that point

PCB or the generator at fault? Relay all fine and is under 9 months old

BTW I am aware that Netaheats have killed more people than fred west etc etc although I have to yet to hear of one confirmed case!

I am not taking the case off merely hoping to replace a failed item.

S

Sponsored Links
CLicky box has only three terminals, so if it has mains up two of them and no sparky sparky from the other one, clicky's buggadup. Check between earth and the terminal in case it's just the ht lead.

If no 'clicky clicky' I would check the aps under the boiler, or the tubes to it.

Wouldn't have thought 'soft clunk' would be heard until 'clicky clicky' had started and pilot light proved 'burny burny' ;)

thanks, Im away from home now but when I get back on wednesday Ill check further, hope no cold spells till then or wife and kids will not be pleased

im ok, im in a hotel!

S

Sponsored Links
if under 9 months old, get potterton to repair under waranty would be my reaction

if under 9 months old, get potterton to repair under waranty would be my reaction

Why should Potterton repair a 20 y.o. boiler just because the relay was changed none months ago?

Tony

In their various models they were sold over many years.

The later ones had a proper PCB but the early ones mostly hard wired round an octal or 11 pin relay.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back