No Power To Rangemaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my rangemaster double oven has died. Things I've checked so far :
30a old school fuse in fusebox
Junction box behind cooker
Switch box on wall above cooker - no fuse but had wires in transparent sleeving

There's no inline fuse on the 30a cable going into the cooker, is there something I can check by taking the back panel off?

Thanks for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
Yeh I think I have one lying around somewhere.

Bit of an update, the grill element still works as does the job igniter, its the 2 ovens and the display that aren't powered

Thinking it could actually be timer related now? Noticed yesterday when I was using the oven there was a lot of steam escaping and steaming up the display. Whenever we get a power cut the ovens won't come on until the display is reset. But now there's no power to the timer at all. If I need to order a part, is there a way to bypass the timer to get the oven to work in the meantime? Tar v much

Sponsored Links
ok if this ever ends up being archived on google...i bypassed the timer on my Rangemaster 90 DF Dual Fuel by accessing the timer wiring by removing the control knobs, then unscrewing the stainless panel at the front. Pop out the blue wire from timer and you're away.

Found this thread via a Google search.
Came back and signed up just so's I could say a big Thank You to AlzOr.

This worked perfectly for me. I had all the wires off the dead timer and nothing working.
But after reading the above post I put all the wires back on and removed only the Blue.
And now the ovens all work and the igniters too.

Thanks again, really good of you to share your experience.
Hope you get a kick out of knowing your post helped someone else.

Thank you AlzOr and vida, you have just saved me - I sweated all night thinking my double oven was broken! I took the blue lead out and now I have my ovens back. Many thanks.
...I just have to work out how to fit the new timer, with different wiring than the old one now!! x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back