no power to Vokera Linea 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 2 months ago we had a service from British Gas on our Vokera Linea 28.
We've had the boiler about 7-8 years.
As part of the this service they replaced the flow and non-return valves, as the filling loop was blocked and wasn't filling the system properly.
Anyway, after this all seemed to work fine, until about 2 days later the power to the boiler cut-out.
We called BG out again and the guy just replaced the 3amp fuse in the fused spur and all seemed to work fine.
The problem is that in the last 2 weeks the power has been cutting on and off and we've gone through numerous fuses......
We've had an electrician look at the wiring and all seems to be okay, infact he changed the fuses just yesterday morning and everything was working.... for about 3-5 hours then it went off again and changing the fuses doesn't seem to work.
We have BG coming out again but wondered if anyone could offer any advice?
Could it be the part the BG engineer fitted during the service causing the problem as we've never had this issue in the last 7-8 years of having the boiler?

Sponsored Links
camwelsh said:
Anyway, after this all seemed to work fine, until about 2 days later the power to the boiler cut-out.
We called BG out again and the guy just replaced the 3amp fuse in the fused spur and all seemed to work fine.

didnt bother looking for the fault then :eek:

could be a number of things :confused:

pump

fan

pcb

are the usual suspects ;)

Thanks Kev

We've got the BG engineer coming out again this afternoon...... hopefully he'll be able to help!?!?!?! but I'm not holding my breath!

thanks for trying to help...

lineas leak from the spindle where the diverter motor sits. Easy for water to get into this motor. Get this checked. Its on the bottom left side, motor is black plastic and clipped on

Sponsored Links
just changed the fuses again... and all is working!!!
I've lost count of the amount of times we must have done this.....

I'm no expert (at all!) but I think that it's something to do with the central heating..... as it only seems to go off after or during the CH being on???

anyway, let's see what BG man says......

thanks all

Shouldn't really be saying this but you could always try a larger fuse, say 5 amp and see what happens.

We've got the BG engineer coming out again this afternoon...... hopefully he'll be able to help!?!?!?! but I'm not holding my breath!

BG coming on a Saturday?

I cannot imagine he is going to spend much time diagnosing anything on a saturday. I expect he will just change the fuse again!

I dont advise putting a higher rated fuse in !

If the connector is pulled off the diverter motor then that will stay in the last position ( DHW ) and eliminate that or show it as the problem.

Needs a thin box spanner and not many carry the replacement gland.

Tony

Thanks guys, all your posts have been really helpful.....

However, to my complete surprise the BG engineer was actually useful!

Apparently there's a problem with the 'Digistat' thermostat, that is shorting out the whole system when attempting to 'fire-up' the central heating. Hence the fuses keep blowing..... but if we dont turn it on we keep hot water....

They're coming back on Monday AM to change this and also replace and re-locate the expansion vessel which appears to be 'kaput'.....

Even though he was a relatively young guy he was really knowledgeable and helpful....
I know this sounds like a BG advert, but to be honest I wasn't expecting much, so I was surprised!

Anyway, hopefully his diagnosis will resolve the problem....

but thanks everyone for your comments....

cheers
C

BG coming on a Saturday?

I cannot imagine he is going to spend much time diagnosing anything on a saturday. I expect he will just change the fuse again!

I dont advise putting a higher rated fuse in !

If the connector is pulled off the diverter motor then that will stay in the last position ( DHW ) and eliminate that or show it as the problem.

Needs a thin box spanner and not many carry the replacement gland.

Tony

depends what shift he is on, most likely roster, just another day to him.

the sockets that come with BG's crappy socket set fit the diverter gland (13mm iirc) but i dont waste my time trying anymore, removing the seal almost always breaks the plastic or it dont move at all. just replace the whole thing.

The "digistat" would normally be a two wire connection.

Unless a cable was damaged or the unit was wrongly wired trhen its difficult to imagine whats wrong with it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back