No power, vaillant turbomax plus 824e or drayton digistat +3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have no hot water or heating. I'm trying to find what the issue might be without having to face a heating engineer's bill as we really do not have have money right now. Luckily we have an electric shower and its not too cold so its not as bad as it could be.
We have a vaillant turbomax plus 824e combi boiler and a drayton digistat +3 thermostat. The reason I mention both is that we have moved the thermostat as we are having decorating done so believe this could potentially be the culprit. The thermostat looks fine as its powered by batteries although there is no power to the boiler.
I've tried changing the fuse to the boiler but wouldn't know where to begin with the insides of the boiler. I'm confused as the boiler has not tripped the power. I think i will have to get an engineer round but would like to cross off anything before hand.

Sponsored Links
It wont be the stat causing the problem, have you made sure that there is power to the point where the boiler plugs into as its more likely to be an external fault .

I've just opened up the unit and checked the 2 fuses inside. The one on the right looks fried. I can't see a rating on it so am unsure what to replace it with. It has T2E250v on it in small writing. Any suggestions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back