No tension in my velux blind!

D

DIYdivvy

Hi, I hope someone can offer some advice on this.

I recently bought a velux blackout blind. It arrived, but fell out of the packet and one of the end caps came away from the roller which carries the fabric.

I now have a situation whereby the blind fully opens out, but won't wind back in. :cry:

I have tried to wind it back up and clip the roller back into the side caps, but the fabric just unravels again without springing back up!

Does anybody know how you re-assemble these things so that they spring back and roll the fabric back in?

Any help very gratefully received :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If only i'd thought of that!!! :rolleyes:

As it happens - i managed to sort it out so need need to contact anybody. I did think it couldn't be rocket science.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I also have the same problem with my GGL M08 size velux siesta blinds. Do I have to remove the blind completely from the window to fix the roller wind-up mechanism? And as above do you have any tips on how to mend it?

Cheers,

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back