No water in primary circuit...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Chaffoteaux Minima HE Combi boiler which has started playing up.It will run for a while, usually all day, then lock out giving E08 (no water in primary circuit) error. The system is pressurised just fine (just under 2 bar when warm). Resetting the boiler gives 10-15 seconds of normal firing, then lockout with the same code. After several resets it EVENTUALLY fires normally again for another day or so.

I have tested the sensors, which appear to be ok. There are two NTC temperature sensors which both read around 8k at room temp, going down to 1.8k with a hairdryer on them. There’s a 100 degree overheat sensor which clicks on and off appropriately, and there’s a pressure sensor - I don’t think the pressure sensor is used to determine this error. Disconnecting it gives a different ‘system pressure low’ error.

I’m thinking that an intermittent error like this suggests a pcb problem, but I will check the connections from the pcb to the sensors in case there’s a fractured wire. Anything else I should be doing before shelling out for a new pcb?

Regards,

Oz

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back