NO WATER IN SHOWER....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...well not immediately anyway. i have a grohe wireless shower which is fed by a shower pump. when i turn the shower on nothing happens.
the only way i can get the water to come out of the shower is if i waggle the shower hose and then it works. seems like a strange problem i know but its annoying. we have another shower that is connected to the same pump and that works fine. any ideas wht it could be?

Sponsored Links
Is your shower above or close to the top of the cold water tank?

I suspect you need a a negative head pump, but only have a positive head.

What is the make and model of the pump you have and does it have a chrome expansion vessel on it.

A picture would be nice.

the shower head itself i would say is 1.2m below the top of the cold water storage.
pump is aqualisa mach 300 - sorry no picture

i have managed to find a diagram of what my installation looks like. the only difference here is that the shower head is lower than the cold water storage. cold water storage is in the loft and the shower head is in the bathroom beneath. i hope this is clear

Sponsored Links
Yes, I know how a shower pump is installed.

Your flow switches may be worn.

There maybe a blockage in the filters of the pump (assuming you have them).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back