Shower problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Turner shower mate water pump (duel)that runs to a grohe shower regulator.

recently we had pump problems and had to remove the pump and drain down all our water system.

now that everything has been replaced the shower pump seems to switch on and off in 2 or 3 second bursts whilst in use

any ideas why please.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Its a thought but how would i be able to tell and if i did have air in the pipework how would i get shut of it.

Steve

With the shower valve set to red hot or really cold the problem goes away. I have tried limiting the cold water supply and also the hot water supply in an effort to maybe balance the flows but this seems to have no effect at all.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Hi steve i,ve seen this problem on here before but for the life of me can't
remember what it was.
have you checked the flow switches on the pump are properly aligned as they maybe dropping out when you put mixer on mid temp. both hot/cold mixed.

try the search up the top you may find the other post with same problem.

ps i'm on reduced connection and can't get on it. :rolleyes:

Thanks m8 for the reply and i will check out see what i can find. what do you mean by the flow switches being aligned ??

lets see If this jogs someones memory to a past problem.

If i remove the outlet hose and head the thing works fine as when i remove the whole shower control the pressure and flow is good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back