Seperate shower pump or pumped shower ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of getting a new bathroom installed and I'm trying to choose between different suggestions for getting a shower with a decent flow rate. In a previous house, I've had a simple thermostatic mixer shower with a seperate Stuart Turner shower pump that I was pleased with. In this installation, one plumber has suggested looking at an integrated unit such as the Grohtherm wireless pumped shower.

As I understand it, this is pretty much the same thing although it's all done in one unit rather than having a seperate pump. Can anyone tell me if it's better to keep the pump and the shower seperate ? Any experiences with one of these Grohe showers ? I guess I'm mainly concerned about what happens if it breaks since I remember the Stewart Turner would still give me a working shower even when the pump was turned off...

Thanks !
Andrew

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back