Is a shower pump regulated underneath the bath

Sponsored Links
I missed the pictures for some reason. That installation is an abortion. And if a plumber doesn't know the difference between positive and negative head, I would be worried.

I know!
I suppose that's why it's loud, what about the pipe work has he done that correctly?
Well, that explains why the shower pump is so loud.
Even the place where I purchased the pump from, insisted I was being childish over the noise, as they made it clear it was pretty normal, they recommended this Plamber to me.
Now I'm worried?

image.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think I may need to find another plumber, which is not easy,
Where do I look, checka trade? I have done before and they've been pretty useless, might try my builder.
Could you imagine this Plumber moving the shower pump to the Airing cupboard or to the loft.
I won't know what the hell he's done!

What I noticed with this Plumber he doesn't use everything in the box.
The idiot told me!
that the noise from the shower pump is normal, and how I should stop behaving like baby and accept it!
'So, he's coming round next week to resolve the issue with some carpet.
I want to find someone else,
The trust is gone.
I've purchased all sorts, for sound and vibration reduction.
Especially for the shower pump,
I'll Buy a monsoon pump next week.
I can fully understand my neighbors complaining about the terrible noise.. With that noise.. Even I would complain!

That's it!
I can't have him back!
Clearly he doesn't know what he's doing.
The bath panel is not easily accessible as the washbasin with cabinet is in the way.
I did tell him to move it farther away,
He refused to listen to me.
Said it will be fine.

I have a paving stone, a thick Shower pump mat, which is meant for the pump.
And various heat resistant soundproofing
I'll have to find someone else to help me install it correctly.

I had another plumber who came round he installed a salamanda 1.5 pump under bath, as it meant Breaking tiles in order to go to the loft. The pump came with feet. And pump mat was used.
I am so delighted! I cannot even hear the pump is switched on..
no more Unbearable noise!
My previous Plumber installed the pump incorrectly, and even possible the pump may be faulty.
Of course, he made a few mistakes.
In regards to his installation.
But I'm so pleased, this Plumber installed and corrected all previous mistakes.
Now I can have a shower at 12 at night one or 2am in the morning, whenever I feel like, without worrying about upsetting neighbors.
Everyone says shower pumps are loud,
I don't think so,
I think they are loud if fitted incorrectly.
I am so pleased this problem is resolved.

So you did not even use the paving stone?

I don't know why you bought another pump. We don't rate Salamanda very highly. The proper Stuart Turner are the best.

At least I am glad of my attempts to get you to realise the problem was with the mounting!

Going back to your previous post about finding a good plumber you suggested Rated People and MyBuilder.

Professionals here would say that those are the worst places to find anyone good! They are mostly for those who don't have enough work.

I have been briefly on one of those sites and also used it to find people to do non critical outside work for me.

Personal recommendation is usually best of all.

Tony

Tony I found this plumber on check a trade.
Guy at the bath and plumbing shop recommended salamander 1.5 or the Stuart Turner monsoon universal pump.
Which was far too big to go underneath the bath, yes, preferred the monsoon pump, but was not offered any other alternative.
So, The reason I chose salamander, judging by reviews quiet pump, but I'm aware, I may have problems with it,
only time will tell.
The pump is really quiet now, cant hear
a that awful noise!
I agree with you, in regards to my builder. Shame, I don't know of any recommendations.
The previous plumber bathroom fitter who installed the shower mate pump, 'awful pump!'
He probably isn't even registered can't find him anywhere online
Or his business.

The salamander pump came with feet.
Pump Matt I purchased from Amazon,
Didn't use The paving stone, it wasn't required. I think the pump mat is absolutely brilliant!

All pumps come with a sound proofing mat or feet and are never fix to nowt as in your photo including the flexi hose which is used to reduce noise. I have even fixed pump to plywood base then rest on 25mm water pipe lagging, like floating a boat on drums so to speak. It works and that is the main thing.

All you have to do is read the instructions available to all, for all makes on the internet and you will see there is a pattern for installing most shower pumps including Auqalisa roof jobbies. Pumps fitted above a cylinder require extra special requirements. So no exuse really, unless your plumber cant read however all instructions come with pretty coloured drawings as well.

Fitted loads under baths and no problems with most. I would not of used copper pipe to the shower unit but placky "resting" on 25mm water pipe foam lagging attached with tie band or if copper sleaved with same but not fixed as such with physical clips as shown. All pumps have a slight screaching sound not a rumble.

I don't think my plumber/ bathroom fitter was registered, it's such a shame,
when I got my bathroom refurbished tiled, and everything new installed,
he should have made a suggestion,
Installing shower pump to airing cupboard or loft.
Which he didn't do, it went straight underneath the bath.
The second plumber who installed the salamander pump, did say that installer made a few mistakes which I'm aware of.
It's okay at the moment nothing has gone wrong, and no more noise from the pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back