Water Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can someone please offer advice on which water pump to pick? It'll be for the hotwater to the bath and a downstairs shower room, the cold is on mains and the upstairs shower is electric.

We have a hot water cylinder at ground level (about 5m away from the original wall of the house) which is fed from the cold water tank in the loft (I live in a 2 storey semi). The bath is upstairs.

Would a Stuart Turner 2 bar Monsoon be appropriate?

Is this enough info?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Go for the 4.5 bar, it's only £30 more than the 2.0 and will give you a much higher flow rate for filling your bath

Go for the 4.5 bar, it's only £30 more than the 2.0 and will give you a much higher flow rate for filling your bath

Thanks, I'll look it up.

Would this require a faster flow in? I'm not sure of the flow rate

Sponsored Links
Yes, with any pump you can't get more out than you put in, but you'll only need the same 22mm supply pipe.

Quoted pump pressures are theoretical as they're rated at zero flow, and drop off as soon as water is flowing through the pump. Thus the 2.0 bar pump will drop to 1.0 bar with 15 litres per minute passing through. The 4.5 bar will run at about 32 litres per minute at 1 bar maintained pressure

One last thing, my builder says it should be negative flow but from the diagrams I've seen online it seems it should be positive. Three setup is mains to water tank in loft - loft to hot water cylinder at ground - water cylinder to bath on first and shower on ground. Nothing higher than the water tank.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back