Suitable shower pump for 2 showers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a suitable shower pump to service 2 showers in my home. They are gravity fed with cold water tank in the attic.

Will a Stuart Turner Monsoon - 2 Bar Twin 46415 positive head do the job? Or any other recommendations. A lot of pumps say suitable for a single shower but I can't find any saying specifically suitable for multible showers.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
It depends on the type of showers your fitting, the flow rate of the shower heads, the size of pipe work used, the head of water the pump will be expected to deliver & most importantly if you intend using both showers at the same time. The ST website has performance curves for each pump & this is what you should use to select the pump depending on the installation. The ST 2 bar is an excellent pump but if you intend running the two showers simultaneously, I would fit a 3 bar.

The location of the water storage tanks alone will not dictate if a positive head pump is sufficient. The pipe lengths, size, routes (particularly up & over loops) & the distance from the bottom of the CW storage tank to the highest pipe run or the shower head can also require a negative head pump. Basically you will need a minimum gravity flow rate of 1 litre/min to trigger the flow switches & turn on the pump.

You should also ensure your existing water storage tanks have sufficient capacity to run 2 showers simultaneously which is likely to require a minimum of around 25 litres/min but, again, this depends on the type of showers you fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back