Shower Pump advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

hope you can help advise me on the best shower pump to buy. We're fitting a new thermostatic shower on a gravity fed system Shower is this one: http://www.bathempire.com/8-square-shower-with-square-hand-held-and-riser-rail_p4030366.htm

I'm tempted to go with the basic Stuart Turner model Showermate Pump S 1.8 Bar Twin . Is this a good pump or would you advise against it? The other alternative i'm considering is to get a negative feed Stuart Turner Monsoon Universal Pump 2 Bar Twin as in the future (probably at least 5 years) we like the idea of converting tyhe loft to a bedroom with ensuite. IS it better to just go nfor the neagtive Monsoon now and bite up the extra £300 cost

Any help appreciated

Neil[/url]

Sponsored Links
Please consider before you commit yourself to a pump: You can get a good gravity shower with very little pressure head. This will be simpler, cheaper, and quieter.

Thanks Mystery man, but there is already a shower attached to the mixer taps and has a pretty poor flow, so our thinking was that we would probably need soemthing to boost the power up. I guess we could try it without and then get a pump fitted but imagine this will be a bit of a pain for the fitter?

If you're not looking to change for at least 5 years then go for the basic option, these things don't last forever.
Also, don't forget that you'll need to fit an S flange.

Sponsored Links
Many thnaks for the replies everyone, i think i'll go for the cheaper model and worry about 5 years time in 5 years time!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back