Swapping Positive for Negative Head Pumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Stuart Turner Showermate 1.4 bar twin positive head pump which I need to replace. A friend has offered to give me a pump he used for only a couple of months before changing his whole system: it is a Stuart Tuner Monsoon N3.0 bar twin, negative head. Can I use the one he wants to give me to replace the one I have?

Sponsored Links
Im quite sure you can use it. :!:
But remember its twice the power of the one your taking out, which could easily power a all singing all dancing shower unit and prob. more.

Usually you buy a pos. head shower if the tank heights are sufficient to give the flow switches the necessery head to operate them when you turn the shower on.
So having a neg. head pump will work with a low head situation and the other ive explained :!:

You can buy add ons for pos.head shower pumps to be able to convert them to neg. head sob i dont see a problem.

Oaky doaky :LOL:

:idea: One last thing i 4got to add.....check the capacity of your cold water storage tank in loft as you'll use alot of water at 3bar pressure, depending how long your in the shower for

Sorry,
Post removed by myself as had no bearing on matter at hand :confused:

Don't worry about aer0205. :rolleyes:

You can change the pump over, the only problem you may have is that the shower might be too powerful.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but the pump isn't for the heating system, it just powers hot and cold water for a shower and a bath on the first floor as well as hot water on first and ground floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back