Quiet shower & bath pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - would be grateful for some advice please :)

I am having a new bathroom fitted and the plumber has fitted a pump for the shower and bath - A Stuart Turner one which he said cost £146 - but the noise is like a pneumatic drill - the whole house vibrates even though it is on an anti vibration mat.

Can anyone recommend a quiet pump please that will be enough for a shower and a bath needing at least 1 bar because I certainly can't live with the one he's fitted.

Thanks

Ann

Sponsored Links
If it is only that much money it is the cheap one.

The more expensive monsoons are a bit better, but pumps are noisy.

If you want a silent system you'll have to change to a mains feed system.

Pumps (in this end of the market anyway) are a classic example of champagne ideas for beer money.

My stuart turner pump is next to my little boys room, he sleeps through any showers I have late a night.

It's not a cheap one.

Andy

Thanks for your help - I have looked and seen that the pump is a stuart turner shower mate eco 1.5 bar - situated on airing cupboard floor with 10mm anti vibration mat underneath. As I said before the noise is deafening. When it was first turned on I thought someone was drilling more holes in the wall for something or other, so you get an idea of the type of noise and the noise level.

The flow to the bath is very poor although the shower seems ok. Can anyone suggest something better and quieter.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The showermate is the cheap and nasty one.

Monsoon is their more expensive version and is quieter.

How Mr Plumber connects it to the hot water system is vitally important too .

Can you post a picture of the installation?

A couple of Grundfos Max-e boost pumps might be the way forward though ;)

Thanks - I have taken a couple of pictures but not sure whether you will make anything out. The white pipes are for the pump - but very confusing in there with solar panel piping and central heating pipes - really is a labyrinth

//www.diynot.com/network/annc1/albums/

Hi - have now put a link to the photos on my post above - so if anyone has any suggestions I would welcome them.

Ann

OK - have been recommended the Grundfos Amazon universal 3bar pump and am keeping fingers crossed that it will be better :confused: It certainly should be for the price. Grundfos technical dept were certainly very helpful.

Hi Dan

Plumber is here at the moment so can't take a photo. This is my airing cupboard so I also have solar panel pump and pipes as well as central heating.

I really hope this isn't a mess as the plumber is trust mark and wras accredited.

Will post picture later.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back