no water presssure in shower when washing machine on!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a 1 year old worcester greenstar 28i junior ,im having problems with water pressure around the house.When i use the sink taps in the kitchen the shower water pressure runs to nothing its the same when i use the washing machine and also the toilet, i have a mixer shower.The pressure on the boiler is 1 bar,I would be grateful for any advice thanks

Sponsored Links
Is this a recent occurrence? And has the overall pressure dropped?
It could be one of many things -
Check the main stoptap is fully open,
If it's just the how water that drops, check the isolator valve to the boiler is fully open.
Could be that you have an external leak, or the supply pipe has deformed, or that you have a blockage somewhere.

Need a few more details please.

this has happened soon as i had new mixer shower,radiators and boiler installed,before we had these problems we had an imersion heater and the pressure was ok ,but we did not have a shower installed that time.The stop tap is fully open,but i have another stop tap outside the garden which i have not checked yet.Where is the isolater valve?

Before you had the combi fitted you should of had the flow rate checked to see if it would cope with the demand. If the flow rate was bad you should of kept your old system, or upgraded the mains pipe comming into the property

Sponsored Links
Isolator valve to the boiler should be in the proximity of the boiler. However, armed with the additional facts, it may well be that the supply is insufficient for the combi, in which case you have been misadvised when recommended a combi.

The pressure may be sufficient, but the flow rate may not be - time how long the kitchen tap takes to fill a measured vessel (bucket) to work out the available litres per minute you are being supplied at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back