NO Water to pumped shower??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently installed a ESP 50 CPV Salamander pump to boost the water pressure to the shower and taps.

The system is 'in-direct' and 1m head between CWT and shower head at best as we are in the top flat.

I have installed the hot water feed by way of an Essex valve in the side of the HWC and we are now getting a good flow of HW & CW @ all taps but the HW does not reach the shower head?????

The shower is fed through an Aqualisa tap fitting with integrated shower mixer. I have had 1 hot shower once i commisioned the system by no long duration since even after re-commisioning the HW side?

Also i initially installed a CT 50+ within the same system and DID have a fully operational system. I upgraded to the more advanced pump on Salamander 'Pumpwise's' recommendation due to the requirement for the whole flat to be serviced by the pump..... Wish i hadn't bothered now!!!!

Why could this be happening????
:cry:
Please help......

Sponsored Links
on a serious note it sounds like your shower is obviously not giving enough flow to activate the flow switch.what is the actual shower make/model.try taking the shower head off to get a better flow through, first.

Sponsored Links
I have tried removing the shower head to no change.

The flow is pulling the cold water but could be not pulling enough hot water?

Not sure how i'd remedy this without a new shower mixer/taps?

Also i have found the hot water to not reach say 'scalding' point. I have raised the HWC thermostat to 70C to try and remedy as not sure if this is the tank or the pump?
Could the pump be altering the water temp as it doe say it won't work over 65C?

Cheers

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back