noise from servis washer dryer 900

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
the servis washer dryer 900 must be at least four years old now and has started to make a lot of noise mainly when emptying after a spin, it sounds like the bearings are going, but having taken the back off and spun the drum by hand it does not appear to be the motor that turns the drum,
so questions:
could it be the motor but unable to spin it fast enough by hand to make the noise,
if it is not the motor could it be the pump,

how do you tell what the problem is and once identified can you still buy the parts
hope you can help
Ivanm

Sponsored Links
if its the bearings it will be noisy during high speed spin

if its noisy whilst draining then its drain pump .

next time its draining just put your hand on the outside of the cabinet opposite the drain pump , see if you feel a lot of vibration in tune with the noise

if its the bearings it will be noisy during high speed spin

if its noisy whilst draining then its drain pump .

next time its draining just put your hand on the outside of the cabinet opposite the drain pump , see if you feel a lot of vibration in tune with the noise
thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
If you have debri at the pump a hair grip, bra wire etc can be sticking out into the pump blade making a clicking noise as it spins, last time I cleared my sump it had two needles a bra wire , four hair grips and 10pence in small change, none of which I might add belonged to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back