Noise when heating goes off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my central heating has been fine for the last 8 months (since i bought the house), but since last week, when the heating goes off and after about 5 mins, there is a loud vibrating/buzz noise, can't tell if it's the boiler or not, but is seems to build up quickly then fad away after about 2 mins. Really sounds like something vibrating, but can't feel any vibrations.

Any help would be great,

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Ok, according to the points u raised.

1 - Boiler is a Baxi Solo 2 PF, wall mounted Powered Flue
2 - Noise when heating goes of, sounds like vibrations, but can't find any, coming from nr boiler, or 3 way valve. see 1st post.
3 - Nothing has changed in the system since it was installed
4 - Started about 1 week ago
5 - As above, about 5 mins after heating goes off
6 - Nothing else of relevance

right, it's definetly the boiler, even if it's only been on 5 mins, about 5 mins after its turned of there is a loud vibration nosie comming from the area behind the thermostat control.

Sponsored Links
It's a sticking microswitch on the circuitboard. Mine's doing the same thing (also a Baxi Solo). Happens when the pump is being switched off. I assume the switch will stop working eventually. New circuitboard?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back