Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all new to the forum seeking help on a noise problem , my neighbour has his bed to the side of my adjoining wall, the problem is that his bedtime activitys make the bed creak sending the noise into my bedroom which keeps me awake . What is the best and most cost effective way of eliminating/ reducing the noise transmitting into my house. I was thinking of building a theromlite wall or breeze with some sort of insulation behind it. Non of the DIY shops seem to be able to help.
Many Thanks
Graham

Sponsored Links
Put bromide in his tea. Or ask him to move his bed. Nothing else will work.

There is nowhere to move his bed to as its a small dormer with I presume a single breeze dividing wall, surly there must be some sort of sound proofing material that would work

Sponsored Links
There is nowhere to move his bed to as its a small dormer with I presume a single breeze dividing wall, surly there must be some sort of sound proofing material that would work

No, sadly not. Once the vibrations are in the structure of the building you can't soundproof them.

How often does he 'do it'? You can tell us. ;)

On average about twice daily once late at night and again early morning when the birds start singing or the cock starts crowing :D

Does his 'bird' start singing or is he a solo performer?

and does his cock start growing, sorry I mean crowing :oops:

Ask him to buy a hammock.
No seriously mention his bed sounds worn out and keeps you awake. That could be your cheapest and best option.
Pete

Ask him what he's on and can he get you some.

Do you remember the old ad? "Philisan fortifies the over forties?"

Yes my dad told me about it ;) Do you remember DoDo's the tablets that gave you "energy"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back