Help!

C

cujammy

Please can someone advise me on the eternal problem of new-build party wall airborne noise and vibration problems? Namely what can be done, and I am prepared to go to any length to reduce both. I understand the issues regarding flanking and joists and realise the amount of work needed to get to grips with this. I cannot move, relocate, sell up or tell my neighbours to stand still and shut up. This is a semi-detached house so the whole of the adjoining walls and ground floor will require work. The noise coming through ranges from high pitch tapping of cutlery on plates through to the incessant running sounds of a toddler with ants in his pants! There's also the light switches going on and off which sounding like I have a poltergeist in the house!! The property is pre Regulation E but till classed as 'new- build'. I am getting so many mixed views from every corner as to what can and can't be achieved that I am going around in circles. Has anyone on this site had a similar problem that has managed to do effective works to cure it? Many thanks for any helpful posts or direction on this.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back