noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, got a ideal classic standard boiler wich is located in the garage under my sons bedroom. about 5 months ago had a new fan fitted because it was making a whirring sound which could be heard in my sons bedroom, well now i went in his room to get something and i can hear like a grumble every now and again could this be the fan going again many thanks answers appreciated

Sponsored Links
Anythings possible but it shouldn't be after only 5 months! Trouble is that every noise you now here in his room you will probably think is then fan.

Noise can track from anywhere through the pipes. Could be then pump or just water noise, or basically anything without further details :rolleyes:

thankyou for your reply i can only hear it in his room the pump is in the airing cupboard on the landing

you can hear like a rumbling noise for about 5 seconds then it stops and all is fine then it will do it again about 10 mins later

Sponsored Links
A fan would not usually be a sporadic noise like this. To confirm this go to the garage and listen to the boiler when it is on. Does it coincide with any thermostats turning on or off? Could possibly be pipe movement across joists etc.

saying about thermostats ours is located in the hall and sometimes when it switches of it clicks twice quick

definate coming from boiler when it has reached its tempreture on the room stat just before the boiler switches of this is when the noise can be heard

no its more of a loud rumble sound but ive just listened to it when its rached temp and it hasnt done it typical

its a juddering noise and seems to do it when it wants not just when stat shuts off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back