Noisy central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I recently drained down the central heating system and refilled including inhibitor. However since doing this a few weeks ago there seems to be lots of air in the pipework/hot water cylinder which is now very noisy.
I've been bleeding the radiators ever since but this doesn't seem to have made much difference.

I've had a similar problem before and an engineer removed the air by stopping the pump and open some type of bleed valve which is fairly high on the pipework above the pump.

Could someone please advise me what I should do to remove the air in the system?

Thanks
Richard

Sponsored Links
You have answered your own question:

"stop the pump and open some type of bleed valve which is fairly high on the pipework above the pump."

Turn off your heating system and bleed air vent in air-in cupboard.

Andy

Hi,
I tried to open the valve by turning the screw on the top but no air came out. I then took off the valve but no air came out either but i'm sure there must be air in the system still.

Apologies for the duplicate post, not sure how that happened.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back