Noisy fan on Potterton Profile 100E

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I am looking after an empty house, when I started up the boiler it sounds like the fan bearings are very worn. During the cold winter it was run daily, and I did not observe this noise, but it has mostly been standing idle now that it is warm. Can the motor be lubricated or serviced, or will it need a new fan assembly?

The house is going to be sold and no doubt the buyer will want to fit a new boiler, so it does not warrant much expense.

edited to correct speling

Sponsored Links
A tempoary fix is white lithium grease,but when bearings are shot then there is not alot you can do with those particuliar type of bearings

Avery important part on the boiler and relative to the cost of the house and the price you are going to sell it for its peanuts to replace

is it difficult to strip and grease? If I have to pay a pro I suppose it would be foolish not to fit a new or recon part :(

its in the combustion chamber so it should be done by an RGI,especially as you are selling the house you really dont want any legal or health and safety complications when the new owners move in for the sake of a new fan

Call a local reputable company or someone who has been recommended to sort it out for you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back