noisy feed tank

sp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,
i have been puzzled by noise from feed tank of cylinder
it is y plan ch system run by back boiler downstair and cylinder in bedroom.
when the hot tap is opened, load oooohhhh noise comes out of ball valve of cylinder feed tank which is placed just over the cylinder.
but when i hold ball valve to stop water dropping in the tank, there is no noise
can anyone suggest the solution please.

thanks

Sponsored Links
You are confusing the heating header tank(small) with the hot water one (big).

If the inlet valve makes orgasmic noises instead of letting water out, it is sucking air IN because a tap lower down is open, leaving you with no water pressure.

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Matron :rolleyes: where`s the hose :LOL:

Assuming the noise is coming from the ball valve serving the large water tank then either change the washer in the ball valve or change the complete ball valve - don't forget to turn the water supply to the tank off first.

Sponsored Links
Is this a conbination hot water cylinder, ie small copper cold water tank attached to top of hot water cylinder? I don't understand why someone would put one in what sounds like a normal house with a loft.

If it is a combination cylinder the "ball-cock" is just doing its job, though if the noise is new it may simply need dismantling and the nozzle cleaning.

I use Torbeck valves in my (mains pressure) WC cisterns, extremely quiet, neat and inexpensive, are they permitted for cold water tanks?

edited to say, might be a bit slow for a bathfull of water, though.

thanks everyone for reply
its ball valve need to changing.
just changed the whole valve and the noise gone :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back