Noisy hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When my system is cold and the timer kicks in and turns the hot water on it makes quite a bit of noise, gurgling and bubble noises but as soon as I slide the control over so that both the hot water AND the heating is on it all goes quiet then if I slide the heating off again and just leave the hot water on I get the noise again. Once everything is warmed up it seems to quieten down. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
1) Air trapped in cylinder Coil
2) Lack of water flow though boiler when in hot water only mode

perhaps some pictures of your system layout would be useful??

Thanks for the quick reply. Complete novice here so when you say a picture of my system layout do you mean this:

7da3a234d0c8f761e40ef53fa22012ee.jpg
[/img]

Also, any idea what the small yellow box is front right? I think it's something to do with the power shower but it isn't connected to anything.

Sponsored Links
issue with the hot water We have a standard hot water system heated by a gas boiler and the central heating system is a bog standard one with header tank etc and when the hot water and the central heating are on at the same time it is as quiet as a mouse.

The issue is when the hot water only is on it is making a right old racket with I think a lot of air trapped between the boiler and the main hot water tank. Where would I bleed this air from?

Anyone else got any ideas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back