Noisy Hotpoint washing machine WM66

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

Our 7 year old Hotpoint washer has begun to make a strange noise only when it spins. During wash is it quiet as a mouse but as soon as it picks up speed a sort of strange whirring noise like the noise of air going through a vacuum cleaner then it dissappears when the drum slows down to wash speed. I thought it sounded like the pump but much louder but when I switched the machine off during spin the noise was still there. I tried to move the drum to see if it was the bearings but there is no movement I have also looked in the back of the pulley and there is a hole with some grease coming out is this normal (not a lot but some running down the moudlings of the outer tub) if it is the drum bearings should I leave it untill the noise get louder or chould I change them now just in case?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
thanks breezer so looks like it is true I was hoping it would be something easier to fix and less time consuming.

hey I like the "Sounds like "aircraft taking off" on spin" that is so much like our machine!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back