Noisy mains water pipe after changes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The layout of our mains water pipework was recently changed, to move the stopcock on the incoming supply to a downstairs cupboard.

This joins a 22mm pipe that feeds upstairs cold water, and to the boiler on an unvented system. There is a tee off this 22mm pipe into a 15mm pipe which feeds the downstairs cold main.

Since the change in layout, whenever the downstairs toilet is flushed, the whole of the cold pipework makes a loud rushing noise. Is this because of the 22mm to 15mm tee? Or is the pressure to the cistern now too high, as it’s so close to the mains supply?Can anything be done about it?

Attachments

• 43B93C48-1C0A-4418-834E-F85D8D44888A.jpeg
    43B93C48-1C0A-4418-834E-F85D8D44888A.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 254
Sponsored Links
Make sure the wc inlet valve has a restrictor for mains fed water in it.
When new, they usually come with both tank and mains fed options.
If it's not been used, you probably won't have it stored somewhere, so just get a new inlet/fill valve on the wc.
Get a fluidmaster.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Many thanks. I only fitted a new inlet valve about 5 months ago, but don't remember it coming with the main's fed restrictor? I'll have a chat with my man at Screwfix.

Many thanks. I only fitted a new inlet valve about 5 months ago, but don't remember it coming with the main's fed restrictor? I'll have a chat with my man at Screwfix.

Do you know which brand? Or if usnsure upload a photo?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back