Noisy pipes/radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!
Had a combi boiler installed a few months ago, since then have been having 'clicking/creaking' noises from under floorboards and from radiators. It is very difficult to identify where noises are coming from. I have replaced 1 radiator. I also took up floorboards & packed under pipes, etc. This seemed to help for a while, but we are now back to being woken up every morning. Would it be worth replacing some of the copper pipe with plastic?

Sponsored Links
i have same problem,combi boiler,system was quite until i drained system to replace a rad now get clicking and creaking every time heating comes on..have insulated pipes,bled rads even drained system again,i know how you feel...if i get any more advice will send it your way...

Stop being so fussy and live with it, you sound like my missis, it's a good sign the heating is working, you would be moaning if the radiators were cold.

Sponsored Links
check if the rad brackets have the little plastic (1/2 inch long "cussions") that sit on the bracket hooks to prevent metal-metal contact. The clicking could be coming from here when the rads expand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back