Noisy Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another quick query!!

We have quite noisy radiators, specifically in the main bedroom and in the downstairs entrance. It is a mixture of a whooshing/clicking and you can hear the water in the radiator if that makes sense. I know there is some noise to be expected when radiators first come on, especially in the morning but it is noisy the whole time the radiators are on.

I have bled them but I'm wondering if we need to flush the whole system? We have a combi boiler so I assume it a sealed system.

Another query I have is that when we run hot water, the radiator in the bedroom (which is also the noisy one) seems to make a rattling noise for a second, which sounds like the pipes rattling rather than the radiator itself. Any ideas?

Apologies for the poor explanation, I am a woman who knows nothing about central heating systems!! :oops:

Sponsored Links
There shouldn`t be any noise @ any time :idea: BUT it`s not a major issue .You just need to get it sorted by your favourite engineer. The rattling could be some solder in the pipes .it has been known :!: it makes a rattling noise as the water moves it along , then it rolls back after the flow stops . It could also be other things that go along with yet another poor installation. Clicking could be pipes tight in joists of maybe the brackets holding the rads . All Nuisance problems that Your Friendly Engineer Should :rolleyes: be able to fix. Around the 7th Jan ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back