Noisy pipes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a new bathroom suite. The hot water flow stopped so i had to force cold water backwards through the system to clear the air blockage.
This worked - but since then I have - whenever using the hot water an annoying noise from the feed pipe to the hot water storage tank..This happens wherever the hot water is used. ??

Sponsored Links
Are you certain that the blockage was air?

Could it have been a solid obstruction that is now sitting in the DHW outlet and acting as a reed, thereby making a noice by resonance?

If no, then please describe the noise.

That`s very possible.something could have fallen into your cold storage cistern in the roof.and gotten into the pipework. But you`ll have to drain your hot cylinder to get @ the pipework, and the draincock might not work. ;)

Nice one Nige!

I was thinking more along the lines of a bit of tap scale (or even a washer fragment) pushed backwards towards the cylinder, because it started after the backflow trick was used. It could also be in the cold feed to the cylinder.

If the former then no drain down is needed, just a large towel ;)

Sponsored Links
have you checked the balltap washer in the feed tank ive come across a lot of these making a noise when filling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back