Noisy Potterton Suprima Boiler (with video and sound)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon board.

Well 2 years after getting some fantastic advice on here regarding my Potterton Suprima boiler locking out.

(I got the PCB changed and all has been smashing)

I have now got a new fault with it.

All of a sudden the boiler does not fire up at all but instead makes a sound like relay chatter.

I have found an identical video on youtube of the fault

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ay_2qbKOQc

I hope the poster does not mind me using it.

Anyway, currently there are no ligts on the boiler (no red, no green).

There is 240v getting into the front of the boiler though.

When either HW or CH is called for the PCB makes a noisy buzzing sound as can be heard in the above video. When nothing is being called the boiler is quiet.

This noise is still there when I turn the knob on the front of the card to 0.
(Sorry for the poor description)

Has the PCB gone again, or is there another problem that needs addressing...... a valve perhaps.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance that can be given

Sponsored Links
Based on your rather scanty description it seems no PCB lights mean a lack of supply or a faulty PCB !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Changing the PCB would be a very expensive repair if in fact it was OK and there was just no mains supply to it !

Tony

I would make sure the switched live was stable before changing the pcb.

From the sound of that i would say pcb but without carrying out the necessary checks it would almost be impossible to diagnose, I would suggest getting a heat engineer to check it out.

I didn't know people were allowed to advertise on here, that two I've seen in the last couple of days

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back