Noisy pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I put trv's on the radiators, drained the system etc, all straight forward. Refilled the system, and at first not all the rads were getting hot, turned heating off, balanced rads (from nearest boiler first) then bled, now all hot, but the pump is making a hel of a noise, unlike before all this.

When I turn heating/hot water off/on you can hear the warer in the tank sloshing about. Now there mist be air in the system, but I have bled and bled, no air comes out, only water. How can I get this trapped air out????

Oh yes it is a gravity system.

Thanks in advance

Bob

Sponsored Links
Have tried to bleed any manual vent by the cylinder ?

Remove the vent screw on the pump put a jug underneath to catch any water turn on the system and let it bleed through pump vent this normally works :)

I think that is the vertical one on the top of a bit if piping, if so I have tried that and it just comes out with dirty water, is there somewhere else?

Well I took the cap off the pump, just a dribble of dirty water came out, put it back on, and this morning it was noisy as anything, I turned it off.

The rads were hot, but you cound hear the pump from the other side of the house.

I kind of regret fitting these TRV's now. I know they are not to directly to blame, but before I did them everything was fine, albeit boiling in one room and ok in another, freezing upstairs ets...

What can I do to find this air in the system, and force it out.

Thanks

Bob

Sponsored Links
Ok I went round and rebled the rads, most were coming out with clean water, but one was really black, is this significant?

I really want to get this sorted, as the pump is driving us mad....

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back