Noisy Radiators after & before adding Sentinel x800

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I've had 2 litres of sentinel x800 in our 21 rads for a week now and some are still noisy and crackle when the heating comes on but stop after about a minute or so.

This wakes me up at 5am every day.

The x800 seems too have made no difference. Do you think its air? The problem is no air comes out the radiators aside from one that fizzles at you with a mixture of air/water coming out. The problem it is never stops!! Mainly water comes out and I don't want a great mess.

What should I do? Replace the noisy radiator? Is there a better method to bleeding?

I don't think this is caused by expansion/contraction of pipes. Its definitely inside the radiators.

I've been messing with this damned heating for two winters now. It has a brand new boiler too.

Sponsored Links
Nope... I suppose I should. :S

I'll do that and post back. I suppose if it dislodges stuff it needs to come out to stop the noise.

The problem is it drains out really slowly.... I think it doesn't actually fulsh it out.

I might attach a hose to a radiator filling kit I have and flush it out from an upstairs windows after its drained.

The neighbours will think I'm mad.

(don't quote me, I'm a spark)

I beleive the x800 is corrosive/acidic and can do damage if its left in for a long amount of time. It is intended for use with a powerflush machine, and then flushed out afterwards. x400 is more suitable to leave in the system for a number of days/weeks.

You need to drain down and clear the sludge out, and refill and add x100 inhibitor.

Sponsored Links
Looks like I'll be doing that first thing in the morning then. Thanks folks!!

Please don't leak in the nigh central heating!?! I'll be forced to live outside with the chickens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back