Noisy, screeching Ravenheat White Star combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My first time here, so apologies if I sound a tad bit of a doofus!

When I had central heating / electrics put into my gaff about 18 months ago, my cousin did the work. He fitted a Ravenheat White Star combi boiler (from B&Q, I think) and all was good for about eight months. Then it started screeching occasionally. It was annoying, but nothing terrible.

Now, however, it's non-stop. Whenever the heating's on, the boiler suddenly and inexplicably starts screeching, day and night, waking me and the neighbours up in the morning - it even made the windows rattle this morning because the noise was so loud and had become deep, like a fog horn.

If the heating's on and quiet, when I turn hot or cold taps on the boiler starts screeching again; when I turn them off and on a few times it shuts up, only to start screeching again a few minutes later.

Pressure varies between 1 and 2, but is normally around 1.5; however it has been known to drop to zero and the pilot then cuts out.

I haven't had the boiler serviced since fitting, so wonder whether it could simply be this, or could it be something more serious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Herbie

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back